CDC CLEANING RECOMMENDATIONS
The following is short list of the cleaning recommendations from the CDC’s website for the Corona Virus (COVID-19).
Hunter Best Cleaning is CDC compliant and we are following all protocols and recommendations.
Clean frequently touched surfaces (e.g., tables, doorknobs, light switches, toilets, faucets, etc.) at least once or twice daily. Recommended to use gloves and wash hands once you dispose of the gloves.
If a surface is dirty, it needs to be cleaned using a detergent or soap before it can be disinfected.
Disinfect using diluted bleach, alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol, and most common EPA-registered household disinfectants (including many Lysol and Clorox products). Let the solution air dry so it has longer to work.
When using bleach:
- Check to make sure the product has not expired.
- Prepare a bleach solution mix 1/3 cup of bleach per gallon of water or 4 teaspoons per quart of water.
- NEVER MIX BLEACH WITH AMMONIA or other cleaners.
For soft (porous) surfaces like carpets, rugs, and drapes, remove any visible contamination (e.g., vacuum or remove spots), then use appropriate cleaners. When possible, follow with laundering according to manufacturer’s instructions, using the warmest water setting recommended for the items, then dry them completely. Spray with a disinfectant after cleaning.
When doing laundry:
- Use the warmest water setting recommended, then dry completely.
- When possible, don’t shake dirty laundry.
- Clean and disinfect clothes hampers. (first clean them by vacuuming or wiping then spray a disinfectant and leave to dry.